AmCham Abu Dhabi Events Coordinator (Intern)
Reports to: Membership & Events Director; works closely with Events Coordinator
Summary: The AmCham Abu Dhabi Events Coordinator (Intern) works as an administrative and programmatic professional with duties relating to events as well as membership and marketing. In addition, this staffer would perform general office duties and assist with marketing and communication activities.
- Provide support for AmCham Abu Dhabi events, including helping with logistics, preparation, registration, collection of payments, and onsite set up, execution and breakdown.
- Help obtain sponsorships, in-kind and cash, working closely with the Events Coordinator.
- Coordinate marketing materials, banners and other promotional items.
- Provide support for Membership activities and materials, including advertisements, conferences, meetings, and discount programs.
- Meet and greet guests and AmCham Abu Dhabi members.
- Take minutes at meetings and distribute to staff accordingly.
- Research topics and sponsorship for UAE, GCC and MENA events.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Flexible team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Ability to work with senior and executive level members/professionals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Excel) and the internet.
- Experience writing and proofreading in a business environment preferred.
Please note that this is an UNPAID internship.
Flexible. Office hours are Sunday – Thursday, 9:00am-6:00pm. Can devote at least 15 hours per week.
Applicants should provide a cover letter, resume or CV, and three references. The materials should be sent via email to email@example.com . Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.