AmCham Abu Dhabi Communications Coordinator (Intern)
Reports to: Executive Director; works closely with Communications Coordinator
Summary: The AmCham Abu Dhabi Communications Coordinator (Intern) works as an administrative and marketing professional with duties relating to the communications programs for members of AmCham Abu Dhabi.
- Provide general support to AmCham Abu Dhabi communications staff and including but not limited to:
- Preparing agendas
- Tracking project goals and outcomes
- Taking and distributing minutes of working groups
- Room/location/technology set up for meetings
- Develop style guide for AmCham Abu Dhabi to outline the visual brand standards of the organization.
- Provide support reviewing printed materials for style guide compliance
- Provide support in the publication of newsletter for AmCham Abu Dhabi
- Coordinate distribution of marketing, educational materials for the organization including but not limited to:
- preparing, editing, and proofreading copy
- designing correspondence to members
- uploading content to website
- sending eBlasts (mass emails) to membership about program
- Assist in preparing, editing, and proofreading copy for publications, newsletters, email blasts, and other correspondence.
- Upload photos on the AmCham Abu Dhabi website, write captions, and provide other website maintenance.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Flexible team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop would be a plus.
- Ability to work with senior and executive level members/professionals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Excel) and the internet.
- Ability to use AmCham Abu Dhabi database system, training provided onsite.
- Experience writing and proofreading in a business environment preferred.
Please note that this is an UNPAID internship.
Flexible. Office hours are Sunday – Thursday, 9:00am-6:00pm. Can devote at least 15 hours per week.
Applicants should provide a cover letter, resume or CV, and three references. The materials should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.