Message from the Chairman of AmCham Abu Dhabi
On behalf of AmCham Abu Dhabi’s Board of Directors and Executive Director Theresa F. Weber, I thank our members and strategic alliance partners who are instrumental in helping AmCham Abu Dhabi thrive as a leading trade association not only in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region, but also across the Global Network of AmChams.
2016 marks the 30th Anniversary of AmCham Abu Dhabi increasing commerce, investment and goodwill between the United States of America and the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. We are honored and proud to have contributed to the remarkable transformation of Abu Dhabi and the U.A.E.
AmCham Abu Dhabi is an independent, not-for-profit association comprised of Fortune 500 corporations, leading Abu Dhabi companies, small and medium size enterprises, and prominent business leaders and entrepreneurs.
Through the generous support of our 600+ members, AmCham Abu Dhabi is the recognized voice of U.S. business in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. AmCham Abu Dhabi provides a powerful platform for our members to discuss and address issues affecting the business and trade relationship between the U.S. and U.A.E.
Here are a few highlights of the past year:
· Applauded best in class American and Emirati companies and individuals for their achievements at AmCham Abu Dhabi’s 6th Annual Excellence Awards, 16th Annual Charity Gala and 30th Anniversary Celebration held on January 29, 2016. Proceeds from the event were donated to local charities and educational institutions in support of aid initiatives and scholarship funds.
· Expanded our Member benefit offerings, including governmental advocacy initiatives; business, education and networking programs; customized “Market Entry and Market Expansion” services; discounts to Abu Dhabi businesses; and special programs for our Falcon Club and Platinum members.
· Celebrated the third anniversary of our Women Achieve initiative, with 50+ companies and organizations participating in this innovative program that supports the advancement of women into positions of higher responsibility and leadership. Launched the Women Achieve website, so that companies can join online. www.WomenAchievePledge.org
· Served a second year as Chair of the Council of American Chambers of Commerce of the Middle East and North Africa Region for the 2013-2015 term. AmCham MENA is one of four regional councils that constitute the Global AmCham Network, and our tenure as its Board Chair expands our members’ reach across the lucrative emerging markets stretching from the U.A.E. to Morocco.
· Hosted events with U.S. and U.A.E. government and business leaders and organized kick off events to major international exhibitions including ADIPEC, IDEX and the Dubai Airshow. Our groundbreaking Roundtables Summit continued for its 7th year with keynote speakers from the U.A.E. Ministry of Energy, U.A.E. Space Agency, Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Mubadala Development Company.
· Expanded our strategic relationship with the International Division of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce which is based in Washington D.C. and through its global network of over 110 AmChams provides significant support to the advancement of the commercial interests of American businesses abroad.
· Conducted informative joint events with The American Business Council of Dubai & The Northern Emirates, our sister Chamber in Dubai, and the U.S.-U.A.E. Business Council, a prominent Washington, D.C.-based bilateral trade association and a key strategic alliance partner.
AmCham Abu Dhabi will continue to advocate aggressively for “ pro-export and pro-expat ” U.S. trade and investment policies that defend and advance the interests of Americans working in Abu Dhabi.
I encourage companies and business leaders to join AmCham Abu Dhabi, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the valuable membership benefits.
Very truly yours,
Sharief F. Fahmy